Thursday, February 16, 2017

View from the Golf Cave

This is my new blog and got its name from the senior instruction editor for Golf Digest that said I live in a cave.  That just appealed to me for some reason so I have decided to have fun with it.

My cave is powered by a solar energy so I can have internet access but it is fairly dark in here.  I just have enough light to read by.

I will be posting my thoughts on golf in general but primarily on golf instruction.  I think golf instructors may enjoy it and there will be plenty of posts aimed at helping the average golfer improve and negotiate his way through all confusion and conflicting opinions out there.

Most of the posts will be based on discussions I have with some of the best and brightest in the industry and the other moderators in Old School Golf.

They will also be based on things I have learned over the years and continue to learn because of insatiable curiosity.

I would love it if I get a lot of folks subscribing to it and leaving comments so I will know that people are actually reading what I write about.

I will be closing down my other blogs and moving the most popular posts over to The View from the Golf Cave.  I will also move my subscribers over here also.

I will try to make sure that I post regularly.  My plans now are to have a new post every Friday but if I get enough interest I will post more often.

I have a few thousand followers on Facebook and Twitter and I am hoping they will tell their friends about it.

You can also follow me on Facebook by clicking here and on Twitter by clicking here!

That's it from the cave for now.  I will be posting again soon and I don't expect you to see my name on any of Golf Digest top instructor lists.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Sam, I had a short (he wouldn't be drawn) but interesting conversation with another Pro on OSG in regards to the importance of the, I call it, DROP OF THE RIGHT ELBOW. I was trying to make the point of, all most want to talk about is the Take Away and backswing then, all of a sudden we are all talking about the impact position. Nothing about how to ACTUALLY get there, with the right shoulder under the chin, shoulders aligned. What value do you put on the points I just made please? P. S. I was going to ask you this later today, but great to be able to share it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stuart, if you are talking about the position of the right elbow going into impact I think it is extremely important. Since it is a problem I see constantly in average golfers I have researched it and plan on writing about it.

      Delete